- Located on the Missouri River 38 Miles north of Bismarck Oldest city in McLean County
- County seat of the Historic McLean County Courthouse
- Winter home of Lewis and Clark from 1804-1805.
- Fort Mandan located west of the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center.
- Beautiful Centennial Park welcome visitors at Wilton's entrance off U.S. Highway 83
- Bedroom community to state capitol, 22 miles north of Bismarck
- East Park Camping with 12 hookups
- "2005 N.D. City of the Year"
- 10 minutes south of Lake Sakakawea and Lake Audubon ,15 minutes west of the Missouri River
- Outstanding hunting
- McLean County Speedway
- Home of the McLean County Fair
- Underwood Harvest Fest in August
- Mercer County's oldest city and county seat. Located half-mile from Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site.
- Knife River Days Celebration
- Camping, boat ramp, RV disposal site, and fishing
- Old Settlers Day
- Blue Grass and Old Time Music Festival at nearby Cross Ranch State Park
- Oliver County Fair
- Krist Kindlemarkt